Wrongful Death Attorney, Florida
Nothing can describe the pain caused by losing a family member or a loved one. Sadly, many people are accidentally killed by the wrongful or negligent action of companies or individuals. Fortunately, under Florida Law in many circumstances, the victim’s surviving spouse, children (minor or adult), parents, and heirs may be entitled to compensation from the wrongdoer by filing a Florida Wrongful Death Claim. These accidental death claims or “wrongful death” claims are complicated typically complicated death claims that require a Florida accidental death claim lawyer to review, investigate, and handle.
Florida Accidental Death Claims: In Florida, a person’s wrongful death caused by the negligence of another person, gross negligence, or intentional act allows for both wrongful death and survival damages.
The estate of the deceased can recover:
- Pain and suffering of the decedent prior to death
- Expenses for medical care prior to death
- Funeral and burial expenses
- The spouse, children, and parents of the deceased can recover:
- Compensation for the loss of companionship, affection, love and moral support their family member would have provided
- Loss of service of the family member
- Loss of support or financial contributions from the family member
Wrongful death claims typically arise due to personal injury accidents, on the job accidents, automobile collisions, truck accidents, construction accidents, asbestosis exposure, residential and hotel fires, toxic exposure, defective products, explosions, product liability, defective drug and medical devices, and medical malpractice. Due to the nature of wrongful death cases, a prompt and full investigation of the incident and preservation of the evidence is crucial. Time is of the essence.
And though often the last thing grieving family members want to do after the loss of a loved one is fight with an insurance company or investigate the incident causing the death, it is important to act quickly to make sure that the evidence surrounding the incident does not disappear. Often a Florida attorney can assist with the initial investigation of events surrounding the incident.
Florida Lawyers handling wrongful death claims and accidental death claims assist the families of those wrongfully killed assert their rights after an accident. Whether a person is fatally injured by a hazardous defect or the negligence of another, their families often need assistance in dealing with and seeking just compensation from insurance companies and corporations.
- Fatal Car Wrecks / Vehicle Collisions / Auto Accidents: Unfortunately the state of Florida experiences a high number of fatal automobile collisions and trucking accidents each year. Whether a large runaway and poorly maintained semi tractor trailer being driven by an unqualified and overworked driver collides with your loved one’s personal vehicle or a SUV driven by someone talking on a cell phone runs over the person you love, it is important to understand and know your rights to navigate the layers of insurance that may cover your damages.
- Trucking Accidents: The trucking industry is a multi-billion dollar industry that is essential to our economy. Unfortunately, with these large vehicles driving on our roads and highways comes the potential of catastrophic damages. Untrained, overworked, or inexperienced drivers all too often lose control of their vehicles causing them to jackknife, overturn, or collide with passenger vehicles. When this happens it is typically the passengers of the smaller vehicle that suffer. If this has happened to someone you love it is important to obtain excellent legal representation to protect your or your loved one’s rights and to make sure that an investigation as to the cause of the collision in done correctly.
- Medical Malpractice: Many people are killed by medical malpractice every year. If this has happened to your loved one it is important to locate a skilled Florida Accidental Death Lawyer that is familiar with medical malpractice claims to investigate and pursue your families’ claim.
- Wrongful Death: Florida Wrongful Death Lawyers typically handle accidental death claims, fatal medical malpractice claims, deadly premises liability claims, and fatal automobile accident claims. Whether a person is killed by a hazardous defect or the negligence of another, individuals often need assistance in dealing with and seeking just compensation from insurance companies and corporations.
- Premises Liability: Numerous people are injured and killed each year by dangerous conditions and hidden traps that a property or premises owner/maintainer knew or through a reasonable inspection should have known about. Florida accidental death claims based on premises liability include deaths arising out of a hidden hole, falling merchandise or shelves, lack of proper lighting, improper design of stairs, improper security, and other dangerous conditions.
- Product Liability: Manufacturers that sell products which cause death to individuals while being used for there intended purpose should be held liable for the damages caused. However, it is not always easy to prove that liver failure was caused by the drug Ketek or a supplement or that a heart attack was caused by Avandia or another bad drug.
- Toxic Exposure: Microbiological contamination (sick building syndrome/mold infestation), Chemical Pollutants, electromagnetic fields, lead paint, insecticides, Mercury, and petrochemicals are just a few know toxins that can cause harm and death to humans.
Dedicated to Aggressive Representation of Your Legal Rights.
Robert A. Morris, Jr. started his practice in 1994 while living in the back of his office on a side road in Brooksville. Over the past 14 years his practice has grown into a full service law firm catering to the diverse clientele of the area. Over the past 17+ years he has worked both with, and against the local court systems and County government for the benefit of his clients and has developed an intricate knowledge of the ins and outs of our system.